Our entire lives we have heard the saying, "Clean space, clear mind." Is this really true? Well from my experiences I believe it is. Throughout high school I have always struggled with keeping my room clean mostly due to feeling tired and being "too" busy with other things. My mental health was suffering, and I never realized that the issue was right in front of me.
Cleaning your room is a form of self-care, it gives you a sense of feeling clean and for me it helps me feel relaxed and settled. Obviously, especially me being a teenage girl I'll leave clothes on the floor or makeup on my desk but I try my best to put away all of my belongings as soon as possible.
We all have control over our environment and how we can feel. Researchers have found that cleaning your room helps you gain a sense of control over your environment. The list of benefits there are having a clean room go on and on and here are a few.
- increases productivity
- decreases stress
- better sleep
Though you may not realize it having a dirty room can have a big impact on your mental health. It is so important to take care of yourself and the space you are in. It isn't easy but the outcomes will feel rewarding.
Lisa Hughes: YES! I love how you connected a clean space to better mental health. It's so true! I always feel so much better mentally when my enviroment is cleaner. You are doing a great job being so young and understanding this now!
ReplyDeleteI cannot begin to say how much I agree with you on this. I am huge on cleanliness and organization so if something is off it will bother me until it's clean or in the right place. I have a sister who is the complete opposite and just going in her room is an anxiety attack waiting to happen. When you have a clear space to function in your head space is absolutely clutter free and open to thinking freely. Great topic!
ReplyDelete