Skip to main content

stress ( Entry #4)

 Stress is something we all go through, some more than others. Stress can make us feel many different ways such as, irritable, mad, overwhelmed, anxious, etc. Stress can make you feel many things. 

I learned in psychology class that stress can actually shorten the length of our telomeres. So you might be thinking, what even are telomeres. Well let me break it down for you. Telomere is a region of repetitive DNA sequences at the end of a chromosome and each time a cell divides, the telomere will become shorter. Stress damages those telomeres which contribute to short and even dysfunctional telomeres. 

So how do you solve this problem? Although stress is very common, the way you handle it is very important. 

Take a moment for yourself to think about how you deal with stress. 

Although It isn't easy dealing with stress, managing it is very important. 

Here are the 4 A's of stress management:

1. Avoid unnecessary stress - know your limits and stick to them, avoid those who stress you out and take control of your environment.

2. Alter the situation- express your feelings, be more assertive, and manage your time better. 

3. Adapt to the stressor- Reframe problems, look at the bigger picture, and focus on the positive.

4. Accept the things you cannot change- Don't try to control the uncontrollable, share your feelings, and learn to forgive

Lastly, remember to always make time for fun and relaxation. 







Comments

  1. This is really helpful advise especially to people who are constantly stressing over everything. Sometimes we just need to take a break slow down and stop trying to do everything all at once 24/7. I will definitely try out your tips and see if they help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the 4 A's of stress management that you mentioned here. Stress can cause so many problems in our lives. I liked how you talked about accepting things you cannot change. That is half the battle! I will try some of the tools you mentioned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! this is so well written and refreshing to see a blog with a different vibe. I love the advice you gave on stress management it appeals perfectly to the college audience of your blog. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was such a great choice for a topic. It's super important to know how to handle stress, and the four A’s of stress management breaks it down into simple pieces. I haven't taken my psychology class yet, but I'm really looking forward to it so I can learn more about these topics.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment